Ikelite Action Underwater Housing for Canon G9X / G9X II
FREE Shipping in Canada and the USA
Compact Action Housings are also perfect for the outdoor adventurer. A hard cased housing provides both protection and functionality way beyond the plastic bag alternative. And unlike a traditional dive housing, the compact Action Housing won’t add excessive bulk to your backpack.
Less than 1/2 the weight and significantly smaller than a traditional underwater housing. Made in the USA and individually tested for fit, function, and waterproof integrity.
If you’re diving below about 60ft/18m or at night, we recommend adding a light to help your camera focus and boost the colors in your photos and video. In underwater lighting, brighter is better. Look for a light with a high lumens rating and a very wide, even beam.
The camera’s built in flash cannot be used inside of the housing.
Wide angle, macro + filters
Our 3-inch diameter ports feature a 67mm thread on the front for the easy attachment of external wide angle and macro wet lenses. Wide angle lenses make objects appear smaller, so that you can fit more into your frame underwater. Macro close-up lenses make small objects appear larger, so that tiny creatures will fill your frame.
The WD-3 Wide Angle Dome provides mid-range angle of view with no vignetting (dark shadows in the corners of the image).
The W-30 Wide Angle Lens, INON UWL-H100, and other 67mm threaded wide angle lenses, provide a wider maximum angle of view. Because these are separated from the camera’s lens by glass, air, and water, some vignetting and edge distortion will be present. These effects can be reduced or eliminated by using a smaller aperture, zooming in slightly, and/or cropping in post-production.
External macro lenses with 67mm threads from INON, Epoque, and other manufacturers, can be attached directly to the front of the housing’s port.
3-inch diameter color filters press directly onto these ports. Most wide angle lenses require a 3.6-inch diameter color filter. Refer to the product page for information on color filter compatibility.
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Controls are provided for Shutter button, ON/OFF (Power) button, W/T (zoom) lever, Movie button; Touchscreen functions are not accessible through the housing
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Central 1/4-20 tripod thread tray mounting
- Weight 17.8 oz (505 g)
- Dimensions 6 x 4.6 x 4.5 inches (152 x 117 x 114 mm)
- 3 inch (76 mm) diameter glass lens port
- Ikelite’s tough, compact and lightweight action housing for the Canon G9X Mark I / II is the ideal choice for weather/water proofing your camera. Whether you’re hiking outdoors, sailing, rafting, climbing, snorkeling or scuba diving, this housing’s got you covered!
- Take photos and video up to depths of 200’/60m.
- The scratch-resistant glass lens port provides full use of the camera’s zoom range without vignetting. The front of the port accepts press-on color correcting filters and is 67mm threaded for the attachment of optional accessories.
- A custom ABS-PC blend housing with acetyl controls provides strength, UV protection, and fundamentally corrosion-free performance.
- A central 1/4-20 tripod mount on the bottom of the housing is the perfect attachment point for stabilizing trays and constant-on lighting.
- Housing Type: Action Compact
- Depth Rating: 200ft/60m
- Material: ABS-Polycarbonate
- Model Name: Action
- Thread Mount: 67mm
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Action Housing
- 1 x Port cover
- 1 x Lubricant
- 1 x Lanyard